Sunday, June 20, 2010

Choices, choices...

OK, so I'll admit, I pad the questions I ask my toddler so I'll get the answers I want.

If he is being punished for hitting, and I'm holding him with his arms down, I'll ask, "Are you going to stop hitting Mommy?" because he usually answers, "Nkay". And then I can let him down.

And I just talked about the milk vs. bed choices I give him. But tonight he surprised me. After storytime he gave me a kiss, then was reaching for the crib, so I asked if he wanted to go to bed and he says, "Nkay".

I just put him down, without nursing for the first time. Well, we tried it awhile ago, but it didn't take, so for the first time in a long time. He did take a late nap, and so dinner was late, and he was getting sleepy.

But I was very sad to have to leave the room without our play/nurse/bonding time. It's one of the few times during the day when we have each other's undivided attention. And I usually review new words he's learned during the day.

So it's like there's something in my routine that's missing. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of nursing, and maybe tomorrow he'll ask for milk again and I'll have my baby time back. I'll just have to see.

My baby is growing up. If only there were a way to keep him little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment