Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Good Night (Abbreviated)

We were running behind, so tonight's good night routine was a bit hectic. But the kid knows his routine, I will say that for him. I tried to speed things up in the book department, but he knows that he usually gets to look at the pages in The Runaway Bunny and talk about what is going on in the pictures, so there was NO skimping on those pages. And there was no skipping them either, he was not having any of that, even if it WAS accidental. The first time, anyway.

And we did do Lullaby, two times, as usual, with his newly chosen wording. Every since we watched the HBO special, Goodnight Moon and Other Stories (or something like that), with Aaron Neville singing Lullaby with some NOT Old English lyrics, Little M wants THOSE in his nightly routine. And since we've been singing the only lyrics I could find on the internet for as long as he's be alive it's hard to switch over, so we do it a verse at a time. We're up to one verse switched so far...

Then the good night. I told him, "Good Night, little man."

He says, "I'm not a little man." (*sniff*)

I said, "Are you still my sweet pea?"

He says, "Yes, I'm a sweet pea." (*phew*)

Me: "OK, then, Good Night, sweet pea. I love you."
Him: "Love you too, Mommy."

It's the highlight of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment