Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Waiting Game...

OK, so it's almost 10pm, Little M is freshly fed and crying his little heart out to get me to hold and rock him all night long, but I have to keep reminding myself that one day his wife will thank me that she didn't have to put up with a thirty year old man that still wants his mommy to rock him to sleep.

Maybe it's not THAT drastic, but still, the other boys at sleepaway camp would make fun if I was there rocking him every night, right? So I'm just doing this for him. And after about 10 minutes (which in crying time feels like TWO HOURS!) he's asleep. For two minutes of actual time. And the symphony begins again.

I'm not sure why it's gotten this bad. He used to be able to fall asleep feeding, and sleep just fine all night long. Yes, sometimes he'd wake up to be fed, but nothing like this every hour thing that's been happening the last two nights.

Have I really angered the Baby Sleep Gods this much? Please let me now repent and tell me what the penance will be, oh those who control my sleep by association.

Or is this it? Having to listen to my child cry for what feels like hours???? Because that's clearly working on me, I promise to NEVER again brag about my child sleeping for 12 hours.

If it ever happens again.

Please let it happen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment